Overall Mandate:To encourage and support an integrated approach to non-formal learning and development through community learning centers, managed by local people and providing multiple learning opportunities for children and adults leading to improvement in quality of life and community development. They must be much more than a physical location. They must be an effective, almost organic, mechanism for empowering individuals and the community. They must cater for lifelong learning; reach out to the community; promote the development of the community; have programs responsive to local needs and aspirations of community members, and draw their mandate from the community.
Key Functions of Department and Sections
- Report to the DG of the MoES/ where appropriate to the Minister/Vice-Minister
- Assume the overall responsibility of the management of the department
- Supervise the section heads and provide support to them where appropriate
- Prepare the departmental priorities and activities with the collaboration of education partners and other stakeholders.
- Develop yearly work plan and budgeting
- Develop Quarterly Work Plan in line with ESSP
- Develop and formulate departmental strategy in line with ESSP
- Carry out Quarterly Performance Assessment on section heads and produce PA report of each section head with recommendations of areas of performance improvement.
- Keep records of details of section heads (personal information, education levels, pay, performance reports, and attendance/sickness/leave records)
- Approve leave/sick notes of section heads/ Approve requisitions for procurements/ Approve requisitions for payments/timesheets
- Hold weekly meetings with section head and participate in the bi-weekly meetings of the Directors
- Preparation of Quarterly Report on the activities of the depart
- Do other duties delegate to him/her by the Higher Education?
Alternative Education Section